The Ph.D. in Education Program strives to provide each student with a positive graduate school experience, both inside and outside of the classroom. To add relevant resources to this page, please contact the Student Services Coordinator.
Mental Health & Personal Wellness Resources on Campus
- UCI Be Well Portal - UCI has launched the Be Well portal as a hub for students to easily access information on all of the emotional and physical well being resources available on campus. Here you will find links to the Counseling Center, Disability Services, the FRESH Hub, and more. College can be a difficult time, but please remember that these campus resources are here to serve you and help you succeed!
- CSWHP-Empowers students to make informed decisions to support individual health and a healthy campus environment by providing comprehensive programs and coordinated services.
- Counseling Center - College can be a challenge and we care about your emotional health. Please seek assistance through counseling services if you're feeling stressed, depressed, or having a difficult time working through any issue.
- CARE- The UCI CARE Office provides free and confidential support services to members of the UCI community impacted by sexual assault, relationship abuse, family violence, and/or stalking. UCI CARE aims to end these forms of power-based personal violence by engaging the campus community in education, programming, and transformative action.
- UCI General Catalogue - Course descriptions, general education requirements, UCI's policies and procedures.
- UCI Office of the Registrar - Academic policies, enrollment procedures, calendars, official transcripts and course schedules.
- EEE+ Evaluations - Use this flexible, self-diagnostic tool to securely and confidentially collect student feedback. Mid-quarter feedback can provide insight into students' progress in the course and demonstrate your engagement in thoughtfully approaching your teaching.
- UCI Campus Career Center - Offers specialized services designed for graduate students only. Our services are designed to help you explore options, connect with opportunities, and succeed whether you want to pursue an academic or non-academic careers.
- UCI-GPS-CIRTL - Students can earn certificates which document their mastery of CIRTL (Center for Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning) core ideas, including evidence-based teaching, diversity and teaching as research.
- Division of Teaching Excellence and Innovation - Enhance the quality of teaching and learning through pedagogical development for faculty, lecturers, postdoctoral scholars, and teaching assistants.
- Internships and Programs - An internship can be an excellent way to enhance to connect your academic experience to your career interests. There are many benefits to graduate internships, which allow a student to gain valuable exposure to the workplace, develop new skills, and apply knowledge gained from course work to real-world situations.
- Versatile PhD - is first-hand advice about nonacademic careers for humanities & social science PhDs, including resume and cover letter samples, career autobiographies, and career panel discussions with PhDs successfully employed outside the academy. ImaginePhD is a free online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences.
- ImaginePhD - is a free online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences. ImaginePhD allows users to: assess their career-related skills, interests, and values; explore careers paths appropriate to their disciplines; create self-defined goals; map out next steps for career and professional development success.
Financial Resources on Campus
- Books - browse through the campus bookstore to view textbook costs.
- Fees & Tuition - current rates as set by the UC Office of the President for resident and non-residents.
- Financial Aid - the campus level financial aid office provide students and families with financial resources concerning student loans, grants and campus-wide scholarships.
- Scholarship Opportunities Program
- Graduate Student Health Insurance (GSHIP) - is a comprehensive healthcare package that offers valuable benefits and services to graduate, medical and law students. Students enrolled in the SHIP program have the option of enrolling their dependents in a separate UCI Dependent Health Insurance Plan, which offers both a PPO medical plan and an HMO dental plan.
- Housing - options available for on and off campus living.
- Parking - student rates and other transportation alternatives.
Student Resources and Centers
- Cross-Cultural Center - The Cross-Cultural Center is dedicated to supporting the diversity of UCI's students, faculty and staff.
- Dream Center - the UCI Dream Center is dedicated to serving the AB540 and undocumented student population through advocacy, guidance, and support. The programs and services are designed for students to achieve academic, personal, and professional excellence.
- FRESH - offers emergency food and toiletries, connects students to critical on and off-campus resources, and provides educational opportunities for students to take personal responsibility for their wellness and the well-being of their communities. We are a home for all students, a collaborative space for innovative solutions, and an advocate for social justice and equity.
- Disability Services Center - Provides opportunities for students with disabilities on campus for reaching their potential in every aspect of their lives.
- Graduate & Postdoctoral Scholar Resource Center - The GPSRC offers workshops and programs designed to support professional development; writing support; communication; preparation of grant and fellowship funding applications; wellness and work-life balance; mentoring and much more!
- International Center - advances and facilitates international engagement at UCI by serving campus constituents through advising, immigration services, programming, advocacy, and outreach. The International Center's programs and activities provide students, scholars, staff and faculty the opportunity to engage in intercultural learning while fostering skills and knowledge related to international education.
- UCI Libraries - the UCI libraries provide a wealth of resources and services for all students and faculty. You can also find subject librarians who can help you with all your research needs.
- Support Groups - the Counseling Center offers several support groups for students to learn from one another and work on personal problems in a helpful group setting. The Dissertation Support Group, LGBTQ Discussion Group, Graduate Women’s Therapy Group and others address some of the most pressing issues for students.
- Writing Center - Provides tutoring and support for student writing.
- Campus Social Worker- The Office of Campus Social Work supports UCI students during situations and crises that may be impacting their personal and academic well-being, through short-term resource referral and long-term case management. Services are available to the entire UCI community at no cost.
- SOAR- The mission of the Student Outreach and Retention (SOAR) Center, at UC Irvine, is to cultivate a community of authentic student leaders that aspire to develop innovative, student-initiated outreach and retention programs that foster critical dialogue, mentorship and shift the educational paradigm to improve college access, readiness, and retention rates for historically marginalized communities in higher education.
- DECADE- The Diverse Educational Community and Doctoral Experience (DECADE) collaborates with the Office of Inclusive Excellence to create a warm and inclusive climate within the University of California, Irvine. DECADE is a multi-departmental collaborative that includes faculty, staff, students, and even alumni--all committed to facilitating a sense of belonging for all UCI students.
- Campus Assists List- The Campus Assist List is an online collection of campus and community resources for low-cost community services, including basic needs, medical, and local mental health and counseling providers.
- Graduate Division- Many services offered facilitate work/life balance. At UC Irvine we believe that healthy Anteaters are productive Anteaters. Explore how our graduate students and postdoctoral scholars stay healthy, focused and energized.
- Surviving UCI without a car - a guide to getting around provided by the UCI transportation services.
Resources for Student Parents
- Child Birth Accommodation & Childcare Reimbursement - Consistent with UC Irvine’s priority for establishing and encouraging family-friendly policies, Academic Student Employees (ASE) and Graduate Student Researchers (GSR) appointed for a minimum 25% time for the duration of the academic quarter can seek reimbursement of eligible childcare expenses incurred during their appointment period up to $1100 per quarter. Graduate Student fellows are also eligible to request reimbursement for childcare expenses incurred during the academic year.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Program - the DepCare FSA allows you to pay for eligible expenses for care of your child or eligible adult dependent on a pretax basis. As a result, your salary is reduced before taxes are assessed, and you pay less in taxes. The DepCare FSA for Academic Student Employees is designed to serve the academic student employees (ASEs) represented by the UAW as well as non-represented academic student employees, including Graduate Student Researchers (GSRs).
- Lactation Rooms - the Center for Student Wellness & Health Promotion is proud to offer a lactation station for the campus community. This is a quiet, comfortable, secure room where moms can breastfeed or pump for their child. Refrigeration for pumped milk is also available. A diaper changing station is located adjacent to the space. In addition, we have informational resources on pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Please contact Geneva Lopez-Sandoval, Ph.D. Program Manager, if you are in need of breastfeeding/pumping accommodations within the School of Education.
- Diaper Bank- the FRESH Basic Needs Hub offers the Diaper Bank which helps helps student parents with a monthly supply of diapers or training pants (pull-ups). As a result of FRESH’s partnership with the OC Diaper Bank Program via Community Action Partnership of Orange County (CAPOC), student parents can receive 50 diapers or 30 pull-ups per month. Sizes range from Newborn (size 0) diapers to Pull-Ups XL (4T-5T).
- Childcare- Find out about the affordable child care options and resources near campus.
- Student Parents & Families Program- Helps student parents, guardians, and/or caregivers maximize their college experience by providing a supportive and family-friendly environment at Student Success Initiatives. Dedicated to assisting students by offering guidance and the necessary resources to meet both their academic and familial needs.
- Transfer Student Resources- The Transfer Student Center (TSC) works with all transfer students to facilitate their transition and overall success at UCI. The Transfer Student Center directs students to appropriate campus programs and services. The Transfer Student Center strives to foster a sense of community among the transfers at UCI and advocates for them in order to enhance their academic and social experience.